One of Italy’s greatest dairy products, Buffalo Mozzarella, is only just finding its place in Australia’s dairy manufacturing industry. There are very few producers here and even fewer producing high quality product like the That’s Amore product.
Buffalo mozzarella is a fresh, soft, semi-elastic textured cheese made from the milk of buffalo. Its thin delicate skin hides beneath it the filamented layers of finely stretched curd. It has a clean milky lactic flavour with a delicate sweetness.
Cheeses made from buffalo milk are higher in calcium, protein and lower in cholesterol than cow’s milk.
The cheese goes well in antipasti dishes, with salads, pastas, on pizza and various side dishes. When used in cooking, heated mozzarella becomes slightly creamy.
It’s best eaten fresh; within one week of production.
- 2012 Silver Medal Australian Dairy Product Competition (DIAA)
- 2011 Silver Medal Australian Dairy Product Competition (DIAA)
- 2011 Silver Medal Victorian Dairy Product Competition (DIAA)
- 2010 Gold Medal Australian Specialist Cheesemakers Association Melbourne Show
- 2010 Gold Medal Australian Specialist Cheesemakers Association Sydney Show
Pasteurised Buffalo’s Milk (80%), Pasteurised Cow’s Milk (19,5%), Rennet (Non Animal), Starter Culture, Salt. Allergens: Milk Protein from Buffalo and Cow’s Milk
Size & Packaging
125g each in a tub & 1kg Bucket (8 X 125g)
Clean milky lactic flavour with a delicate sweetness.
Soft texture with a squeaky-elastic-moist mouth feel
Antipasto, cheese platter, salads, pasta, pizza